Thursday, April 12, 2007

Gmail performance issues



Gmail is working terribly for me.

It's been sporadically bad over the last 2 weeks, but in the last 24 hours has been almost unusable.

Symptoms:
-generally I can login ok, and get to the Inbox (though even this isn't 100% today)
-from there, its hit or miss whether I can read individual messages
-sometimes I can read a message, but it hangs indefintely when I try to send a reply

There are several error messages, including 717 and 767. These tend to appear after 30-60 secs of waiting.

I normally use Firefox 2.0.0.3 on XP, but I get the same symptoms with Internet Explorer.

I've just joined the Google Groups "Gmail Help" group, and am clearly not the only person experiencing this problem.
See for example #1
See for example #2
Also I will figure out how to formally submit this issue to Gmail

No comments: