Monday, April 16, 2007

Gmail -- Still Messed Up

Today I opened a technical trouble ticket with Gmail. Here's what I wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can login ok, but after that cannot load pages. This has been getting worse and worse over the last 2 weeks. I blogged here with error screen caps
http://on-theball.blogspot.com/2007/04/gmail-performance-issues.html

Occasionally the system will work for a few clicks, and I can switch to "Basic HTML". With this interface, things work o k. But then when I start up again, I revert to the "Standard" interface, and all the problems resume. I have no problems with Google Calendar -- this problem is with Gmail only. I've used Firefox and IE on XP. I've also tried this under IE at the local library -- same symptoms. Please help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would be prepared to concede that my PC is wacky, but after experiencing the exact same symptoms at my friendly neighbourhood Toronto Public Library, I know something is up!

No comments: